She requested that we answer the following questions for her chosen bloggers
1) If you could go anywhere in the world and stay for a month, where would you choose to go?
Australia because our son just moved there. Second choice would be Europe because I have never been there.
2) What is your hobby?
3) What was your childhood dream?
To be a singer and a nurse. The nurse won out.
4) What was the best gift you ever received?
A Christmas ornament, a fishing reel and a marriage proposal as one gift December 1985.
5) What is your favorite movie?
6) Who is the person who inspired you the most?
I have been inspired by strong women: my three aunts – my father’s sisters and my nursing instructors. My aunts were all different- one never married but was the matriarch of the family; one married, had a family had a strong faith and I am her spitting image; and one had a professional career when it was rare for women to have one, married late in life and is the wise sage of the family.
My nursing instructors showed me how to be a caring person, be a strong woman leader and to face your fears.
7) What is your favorite dessert?
Pure dark chocolate with orange square.
8) What is your favorite quote?
“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion it has taken place.” George Bernard Shaw
This quote ends all my email messages at work. Work email is where messages can be promoted to help a project move forward, but also be misinterpreted and cause rifts in team building. I pride myself in speaking the truth and keeping communication lines open.
9) What do you do for relaxation?
Take a bubble bath.
10) What is your favorite remembered scent/smell from childhood?
11) If you could be a character in a book, who would you choose to be?
This is tough because I really enjoy biographies of real people. Probably Julia Child because her life was so interesting. She serve in WWII where she met her husband Paul, she traveled the world, she learned to cook when women didn’t become chefs, and she was a late bloomer.
Thanks again for the nomination in the month of giving thanks 🙂